Kingsoft Office for Android is an efficient mobile office solution made exclusively for cell phones and tablet devices running the Android OS (2.1 or later versions).
The latest version, Kingsoft Office for Android 4.0.2, allows you to CREATE, VIEW, EDIT and SAVE all documents used by Microsoft Word and Excel. You can also VIEW, EDIT and SAVE Microsoft PPT documents. Kingsoft Office for Android is integrated with an Email application that allows you to send documents as attachments, and to download and edit attachments. Furthermore, you can access Box.net by default, and any other cloud storage which supports the WebDAV protocol.
The full 4.0.2 version allows users a free 7 day trial. During this period, you’re allowed to use all the functions included in the full version of Kingsoft Office. However, once the trial has ended, although you can still open and view documents for free, you have to pay in order to be able to save them.
What’s new in version 4.0.2?
1. The ability to create Spreadsheets;
2. A convenient thumbnail browsing function for Presentation;
3. The adoption of a new and intuitive user interface for Presentation;
4. The ability to view .PPTX formatting;
5. A new flip feature to edit pages for Presentation;
6. New Document Play functions for Presentation;
7. A new touch and highlight feature for Presentation;
8. The enhanced ability to save your documents as .PPTX files.
Although Kingsoft Office for Android has only been published for around 3 months, the number of users that have downloaded this software is already 61, 157 and counting. These users gave an average review of 4.1 stars out of 5 in the Android Market. Kingsoft Office has been updated 10 times since being published because the Kingsoft team are doing their very best to satisfy customers.